Print Header


When Did Our Professors Become Buildings?

Kjer Theatre, 1952

Earl S. Kjer
Earl S. Kjer

The Little Theatre, completed in 1951 and first used in 1952, was renamed in 1965 to honor faculty member, director of theater, and chair of the Department of Speech, Earl S. Kjer.

Kjer Theatre

The groundbreaking ceremony for the Brewer Hall-Zorn Arena-Kjer Theatre complex was held on October 20, 1950. The cornerstone was laid on September 19, 1951 and full use of each unit of the complex was achieved in September 1952.