Emmet Horan Hall, 1961-62
Emmet Horan, an Eau Claire businessman, became the first Eau Claire representative on the Board of Regents of Normal Schools in 1908 serving until 1918. He was very instrumental in establishing Eau Claire as a site for a normal school and presided over the dedication of the Eau Claire Normal School building (now Schofield Hall) on October 19, 1916.
Horan Hall was the first building built on upper campus. It opened in the fall of 1962 and was dedicated on May 14, 1966.