Benjamin Bridgman Hall, 1965
Benjamin W. Bridgman was a member of the first faculty and a professor of physics from 1916-1941. He was admired for his research abilities, especially for devising a way of measuring the melting point of tungsten, a discovery that helped improve the electric lamp. He established the Dept. of Physics and was faculty advisor to every graduating class from 1918-1941.
Bridgman Hall opened in the fall of 1965 as a residence for 240 men and was dedicated on May 14, 1966, with Bridgman's son Wilbur and grandson Robert in attendance.