To use the UWEC wireless network authentication is required. To authenticate, you must have a valid UWEC username and password. Follow the link below for authentication instructions.
- 802.11g coverage is deployed throughout UWEC campus. Please note that 802.11g will not cover as far as 802.11b. Also, if there is a "b" client connected to the access point at the time, the "g" clients may experience "b" speeds.
- All academic/administration buildings have 95+% coverage as of summer 2004.
- All outdoor areas are 80+% covered by wireless signal as of summer 2004.
- There may be coverage voids in buildings due to building structure and also outdoors due to contour and vegetation.
- As of September 2011, all student rooms in the residence halls, as well as lobbies, lounges, and common areas have coverage for wireless Internet access.
- Bollinger Field and Carson Park have UWEC wireless coverage as of spring 2005.
UWEC Wireless History:
- Beginning in summer 2001 UWEC deployed wireless access points in the Library (floors 1-3), Old Library, Davies Center, and Schofield - including the mall area.
- In January 2002 UWEC completed Library coverage floors 1-5. Specific requests for wireless coverage were granted during 2002. This included Crest Wellness Center, Schneider 100, Phillips 171 and the Computer Science office area in Phillips.
- January 2003 - July 2003 - Full coverage of the following buildings was implemented: Schneider, Phillips, Mcphee-Ade Olson, and Hibbard.
- August 2003 - October 2003 - Full coverage of outdoor areas and other buildings was completed, including Haas Fine Arts, Human Sciences and Services, Continuing Ed, Maintenance, Nursing and Brewer.
- Summer/Fall 2004 - Coverage was expanded in all areas of campus, including adding Towers North and a large expansion in Phillips. 802.11g was introduced and expansion plans developed. All older equipment was upgraded to 802.11g.
- Spring 2005 - Expansion of 802.11g was completed.
You can view the current coverage maps by clicking on the links below: