You are able to send and receive faxes without the need for a physical fax machine. Outgoing faxes can be sent from your computer, and incoming faxes are received in your email. The virtual fax machines can be used from anywhere on campus, or on the road through VPN. The system is currently available, but it requires a few days to setup.
Why Use a Virtual Fax?
- The process is completely paperless, though items can be printed if necessary.
- Faxes are archived in your email.
- There are no machine-related costs, such as repairs, replacements, paper, ink, etc.
- Shared mailboxes have access to incoming faxes. Alternatively, one person can be designated to view incoming faxes.
How Does it Work?
- Contact the LTS Help Desk at 715-836-5711 to request a virtual fax machine. You will be assigned a fax number and corresponding email inbox.
- Incoming faxes are sent as email to a department fax mailbox. Simply let LTS know you needs access to the fax mailbox, and it will be added to their Outlook mailbox items. For more information, view documentation on Accessing Your eFax Mailbox.
- Outoing faxes are "printed" to a fax printer from any application. For more information, view documentation on Fax Printing.
- Can we keep our old fax number? No.
- Can multiple people send outgoing faxes from their office computers? Yes.
- Does this cost us any extra? No.
- What if the fax number is busy or incorrect? The fax system will try multiple times before giving up.
- How do I know if a fax went through? You can include an email address in your fax cover letter to which a receipt will be sent.