Information about IP phones:
With the conversion ongoing to the new IP phones, below is some information that may answer a question or two.
If you need another phone line, there is still a charge to install the new number. The $78 charge is from AT&T, which includes an hour of our technician time to setup the phone, install it, and update our records. It takes 3-5 business days to get a new number installed.
Please be aware that if a staff member has an IP phone and they change offices, the phone can move with them. It is assigned to that person and his or her username. This is easier than reassigning lines and voicemail. HOWEVER, you must inform LTS.TELEPHONE that there has been a move made. I will then update the staff member's location so it is correct online, and I must also update my billing database, the cable/wiring database, and the E911 Database. All steps are essential in keeping the location of that phone current.
If a person leaves the university and they have an IP phone, let LTS.TELEPHONE know this as well. I do not always get the notice that someone has left, so it is up to the department to inform me. If we do not remove the information for the phone and voicemail, their name will still show up on the phone and that username will continue to get voicemails sent to their email.
A note about voicemail – it can only be assigned to one username. This system does not allow for a shared mailbox, where both people can get separate voicemails. In these cases, I would suggest the staff decide if they want voicemail and who to assign it to. We can always change it later on if it is not working for them.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
IP Phone Information
All requests for telephone service should be submitted via email or paper memo at least two weeks in advance. Call or email any time with questions or problems.
Campus mail: Telephone Services
Telephone Services supports the campus voice system by providing the following services:
- Installing, moving, and maintaining telephone lines and equipment.
- Assisting in the purchase of telephone equipment, including electronic telephone sets.
- Processing orders for voice mail, cellular service, toll-free numbers, special telephone services, and calling cards.
- Advising and helping with telephone service problems.
- Processing charge backs for services provided by the UW-Eau Claire telephone technicians as well as for service and calling charges billed by various telephone service providers.
- Coordinating the production of the University telephone directories.