Set Up a Fax Printer
- Go to the Start menu, and type Print Management into the search box. Select the program as it appears in the list of options.
- Once the program has opened, select Print Servers » your computer name » Drivers from the panel on the left.
- Right click on Drivers, and select Add Driver... from the menu that appears.
- The Add Printer Driver Wizard will open. Click Next twice to navigate through it.
- On the third screen, select Windows Update.
- Wait for the window to populate. Note that this could take 5-10 minutes.
- Once the update as completed, select Generic from the Manufacturer pane, then select 35PPM PS from the Printers pane.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Once the window closes, go back to the Start menu, and select Devices and Printers.
- Select Add Printer from the upper left-hand corner of the window that appears.
- Click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- Click The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Select the radio button next to Select a shared printer by name.
- In the text box, type http://172.28.1.111:8443/printers/faxprinter.
- Click Next. It will then take some time to connect to the printer.
- In the window that opens, select Generic in the Manufacturer column and 35PPM PS in the Printers column.
- Click OK.
- Click Next, then click Finish.
Print to the Fax Printer
In whatever file you are printing, include somewhere in the contents (usually in the header or on the cover page) the following three fields, substituting your email and fax numbers:
Faxed to: 9-715-831-4001
From E-Mail: email@example.com
Faxed From: 7153140028
Important Notes to Keep in Mind:
- Dashes are acceptable to use in the fax to/from phone number fields, but spaces are not. (Both 123-4567 or 1234567 are acceptable entries.)
- Fax fields should be formatted in either Times New Roman or Arial standard fonts.
- You must include a From E-Mail to receive notifications of success/failure.
- If Faxed From is not included, the header on the received fax will indicate that it came from LTS 836-4001. Only fax numbers set up on this faxing system will change the header line (not physical fax machine numbers).