To view the installation process, watch the LTS video tutorial Lab Anywhere: Install and Use on a Mac.
This page includes:
Open a web browser, and navigate to https://labanywhere.uwec.edu. You will see the following screen:
To install the local client on your computer, choose the Install VMware Horizon View Client option.
You will be brought to the page below.
- You will be brought to a page with a list of possible VMware View Client options to download. Scroll down in the list until you see VMware View Client for Mac.
- Next to this option, click the Go to Downloads button. You will be brought to a page similar to the one below.
- Click Download near the bottom right of the screen.
- A window will pop up, asking you if you wish to save the file. Click Save File.
- The Downloads window will open, showing VMware View Client in the list. Double-click this option in the list.
- A License Agreement window will appear, asking if you agree with the terms and conditions of VMware. Click Agree.
- In the window that opens, click and drag the VMware View Client to the Applications folder next to it. This will install the Client.
- VMware View Client is now installed.
- On the top right of your computer screen, click the magnifying glass and start searching for "VMware View Client." Click it when it appears in the list.
- A download warning may appear; click Open.
- In the window that appears, click Add Server.
- In the Hostname text box, type [labanywhere.uwec.edu].
- You will then be asked to login with your UWEC username and password.
- In the window that appears, double click the General Access Lab Machine icon.
- After a moment, the virtual machine will become available for your use. Note that it takes some time for it to login.
You now have a Windows 7 instance that acts exactly like you were in one of our labs. Note that it does not contain all the software available in a lab, but provides quite a bit of the essential software.
Warning: Just like in the lab, anything saved to the desktop or PC is lost when you exit. Always save to your network drive. This should be automatically mapped in the virtual machine.
If you have any questions, contact the LTS Help Desk!