The documentation on this page includes the following topics:
When you log in to Desire2Learn, you are automatically taken to My Home, which looks something like this:
Notice that the My Courses widget takes up the left portion of the page. You will be able to access all your courses from this listing.
Note: If you are unable to find all your courses, check to make sure you have each section expanded by clicking the arrow on the right. The arrow of an expanded section looks like this: , while the arrow of a collapsed section looks like this:
One feature of the new D2L is the minibar located at the top of your page. You have access to this minibar no matter where you go in D2L.
There are a number of convenient features located on this minibar.
- The My Home button on the far left of the minibar will return you to your homepage no matter where you are in D2L.
- Directly to the right of the My Home button is the Select a Course search box. If you have selected a course from My Courses, that course will be displayed as the current course.
To view a different course, simply select the black dropdown arrow next to the current course title. There you will see a list of the courses you have access to, and you can quickly access another course without returning to the My Home page:
- You may "pin" courses you access frequently. Doing this will ensure that whenever you click the dropdown arrow to make a course selection, the pinned course(s) will automatically be at the top of the list. This is very convenient if you have a large list of courses.
- Click the course search dropdown arrow and find the course you wish to pin.
- To the right of the course you will see the outline of a pin:
- Click the pushpin icon to the right of the course name. When you do this, the pin will turn orange:
Your class is now pinned to the top of your list for easy access.
- To unpin a course at any time, simply click the pin again. The pin image will return to its original color and the course will return to its original position in the search list.
Another feature of the minibar can be found on the far right side. There you will see your profile image and your name. If you click the dropdown arrow to the right of your name, a list of options will appear.
- Click Profile to create/edit your personal profile. This includes uploading or changing your profile picture as well as any personal information you would like to display. Your photo and your profile information is available to others in the Classlist tool in courses in which you are enrolled.
- Click Account Settings to change different options for your D2L account. Here you can change font settings, time preferences, and discussion settings. For more information, visit the Setting Preferences page.