Films on Demand is a library resource containing many academic films you may find relevant to your course content. These films can be linked to your Course Content to make them readily accessible for students.
- Go to the McIntyre Library website.
- Select Find a Database.
- Under Databases by Title, click F.
- Click Films on Demand, found near the middle of the list.
The Films on Demand website will open.
- You can use the Collections or Featured Producers tabs to browse videos.
Use the Search bar and type in search terms or video titles.
- Once you have located the video you wish to link to, copy the Title URL beneath the video.
Note: Do not copy the URL at the top of the screen. The first part of the Title URL ensures that the person watching the video is a UW-Eau Claire library patron. If the viewer is on campus, their computer will be recognized and they will navigate directly to the video, but if they are off campus, they will have to login.
- Go to the Content page of the desired course on D2L.
- Click the Add Content dropdown arrow.
- Click New File.
- From the Parent Module pull-down menu, select the module you want the topic in.
- Type a title in the Title text box.
Note: This title is the default File Name.
- Optional: In the Content text box, you can provide an introduction to the video or add some questions for the students to consider while they are watching the video.
- Click the Insert Quicklink icon.
The Insert a Quicklink dialog box appears.
- From the Category pull-down menu, select URL.
- In the URL box, paste your URL from Films on Demand.
Note: You must delete the http:// that originally appears in the box so it is not repeated.
- In the Link Caption box, type a descriptive link caption.
- Under Link Options, select the circle beside New Window.
Warning: This step is crucial to the viewing of the film.
- Click Insert.
- Click Save.
- Go to the Content page and view the topic to ensure the video works.