Films on Demand is a library resource containing many academic films you may find relevant to your course content. These films can be linked to your Course Content to make them readily accessible for students.
- Go to the McIntyre Library website.
- Select Find a Database.
- Under Databases by Title, click F.
- Click Films on Demand, found near the middle of the list.
The Films on Demand website will open.
- You can use the Collections or Featured Producers tabs to browse videos.
Use the Search bar and type in search terms or video titles.
- Once you have located the video you wish to link to, copy the Title URL beneath the video.
Note: Do not copy the URL in the address bar at the top of the screen. The first part of the Title URL ensures that the person watching the video is a UW-Eau Claire library patron. If the viewer is on campus, their computer will be recognized and they will navigate directly to the video, but if they are off campus, they will have to login.
- Access Content in the desired D2L course.
- In the module pane on the left, choose the module in which the new topic should be located.
- In the right pane, click the New button to reveal options in the dropdown menu.
- Choose Create a File.
- Type a title in the Enter a Title text box.
Note: This title becomes the default File Name.
- Optional: In the Content text box, you can provide an introduction to the video or add some questions for the students to consider while they are watching the video.
- Click on the Insert Stuff icon at the top of the HTML editor window.
- The Insert Stuff dialog box appears.
- From the options in the left pane of Insert Stuff, select Insert Link.
- In the right pane of Insert Stuff, paste the Title URL from Films on Demand in to the URL field.
- Press the Next button in the lower left corner of Insert Stuff.
- In the Link Text field, type a descriptive link caption
This becomes the link students click on to access the film.
- Press Insert.
The Insert Stuff dialog box disappears; you are returned to the Create a File window
- Press Publish to save your file and make it visible to students.
- Test the video link to ensure the video plays properly. Clicking on the link to the video will open the video in a new window or tab in your browser.