This page includes information on the following topics that must be considered prior to the beginning of each semester:
- Activate Your Course
- Change Dates
- Check D2L News Items
- Combine Course Sections
- Copy Components from Other Courses
- Change the Course Name
- Add Participants
Also, learn about a few items you may wish to consider if it is your first semester using D2L:
If you want students to be able to access your course before the first day of classes, or more than three weeks after the last week of classes, change the start and end dates for your course. Read the instructions on the Activating Your Course page.
To view announcements about new features, workshops, outages, and more, see D2L News Items on D2L My Home.
If you're teaching a course with multiple sections and want all sections to be part of the same D2L course, complete the D2L Course Request Form to have those sections combined.
If you want to use materials from another D2L course in a course this semester, you can copy the materials directly from the course. Read the Copying Components page for more information.
- You may modify the course name in D2L or change it completely if you prefer.
- On the navigation bar, choose Edit Course.
- In the General section, click Course Offering Information.
- Type the new name in the Course Offering Name box.
Course users will see this name on the navigation bar when logged into the course.
- Press Save.
You can add additional instructors, academic assistants, students, and other users to a class. Read the instructions on the Classlist page for more information.
Set your preferences. You can choose your time zone, change the default font and size of text in D2L, have emails you send in D2L automatically sent to your inbox, and more. If you are happy with the default settings, there is no need to change anything.
Log in to D2L.
- On the right of the menu bar at the top of your screen, click the dropdown arrow next to your name and select Account Settings.
- In Account Settings, you will see the Font Settings section.
- Make the desired selections from the Font Face and Font Size pull-down menus.
NOTE: The Preview box shows what the text will look like.
OPTIONAL: To return to the default settings, click Restore Default Font Settings.
- Make any other desired changes » press Save.
- Scroll down to view the Time Zone section.
- Select your Continent and Time Zone.
- Press Save.
- Select the Email tab, and choose Settings.
- It is recommended that you create an email signature to appear at the bottom of any emails you send from within D2L.
NOTE: Emails you send from D2L will not appear in your usual Sent folder. Instead, they will appear in your Inbox.
- Press Save.