As long as you have a microphone, you can record audio within D2L. This can be done within the Discussions, News, and Dropbox tools. If you use audio, also provide a text equivalent so students with disabilities can access the information.
- Go to the desired tool.
Note: You can add audio in Discussion posts, News items, and Dropbox folders and submissions.
- In Discussions, for instance, you may create a new message or reply to an existing post. Enter your message in the space provided.
- Then press Add attachments below the message field to reveal the options within, choose Record, then select Record Audio.
- The first time you record audio, the Adobe Flash Player Settings appear.
- Select Allow » Remember.
- Click Close.
- Click the red Record button.
- Speak into your microphone.
Note: A timer will show how long you've been recording, and bars will show how loud your voice is. If you don't see any bars as you record, check your microphone.
- When you're finished recording, click the same red button to Pause.
Note: Your audio recordings are limited to five minutes each.
- Click Add.
- Click the audio link to listen to your recording.
- Save and submit the item.