This page includes directions for the following:
For more information, watch the tutorial on Activating a Course.
Students cannot see inactive courses in their D2L course listings. In order for your students to access your course, you must first activate it. Activating a course puts the course link in the My Courses listings of the students enrolled in that course.
- Log in to D2L; you will be taken to the My Home page.
- Scroll down to the My Courses listing and locate your courses for the current or upcoming term.
- (Inactive) will display to the right of the course name: for any inactive courses in your listing.
- To activate a course, click the edit pencil to the right of the course name:
- On the Course Offering Information page, click the checkbox next to Course is active to activate your course.
- Press Save. Now, when you return to My Home, you will no longer see (Inactive) after the course name. Your students will now be able to see the course title in their D2L course listings; they will be able to access the course between the start and end dates set for the course.
You can also modify the default start and end dates of D2L courses to limit the period of time students can access your D2L course. By default, D2L courses open to students on the first day of classes and close to students three weeks after the last week of classes.
NOTE: Regardless of start and end date, students cannot access a course that is inactive.
- From the My Home page, click the edit pencil to the right of the course name you wish to edit.
- Locate the section of the Course Offering Information page that displays the start and end dates of your course.
- To change the course dates, click the small calendar icon: and choose new dates from the calendar that appears.
OR, to start or end a course immediately, click Now.
- Change the start or end time if desired by choosing new times of day in the hour, minute and AM/PM fields.
- Press Save to retain your changes.