This page includes documentation on the following topics:
NOTE: If you are unable to gain access to campus services (including webmail), you may need to Reset Your Password
Follow these steps to change your password online:
- Go to myusername.uwec.edu
- Select Change Account Password
- Login using your existing credentials.
NOTE: If you cannot login succesfully, you will need to Reset Your Password
- Enter your new password as directed on the page.
If you are on a campus Windows computer, you can also change your password using the process described below:
- Sign in to the campus computer with your UW-Eau Claire username and password.
- Press [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Delete] on your keyboard.
- Click Change a Password and enter the current/new password as directed.
NOTE: The new password you create will need to fill the minimum requirements as described below.
If you forget your current password, you can easily reset it.
NOTE: This method requires your Blugold ID number and your UWEC PIN or last the last 4 digits of your social security number.
- Go to myusername.uwec.edu
- Click Reset Account Password
- Fill out your Username, Blugold Card Number, and 4 digit UWEC PIN or last 4 social security numbers.
- Click Reset Password
- Your password will change to uwec?#### (with #### being either your 4 digit UWEC PIN or last 4 social security numbers, depending on which one you used to reset your password).
- You will need to change this password, which can be done from myusername.uwec.edu.
It is important for your password to be strong and secure, as it guards a great deal of private and sensitive information. Therefore, valid passwords must meet these minimum requirements:
- Be at least eight(8) characters in length
- Contain characters from three(3) of the following four(4) categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Numbers (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
- Password cannot contain significant portions of the user's account name or full name
- Cannot reuse previous passwords
Note: UW-Eau Claire users are required to change their password at least once per year.
If you wish, you may change your assigned PIN to a four-digit number of your own choosing.
- Go to MyBlugold CampS
NOTE: For more information on using MyBlugold CampS,
check the documentation for Students and Faculty.
- Navigate to Self Service > Student Center
- Select "Change My PIN" in the "other personal…" dropdown
- From that page, enter your current PIN and the 4-digit number you would like to change it to.
There are several ways to get your PIN if you have forgotten, depending on personal preference.
If convenient,you may stop by the Registrar's Office (Schofield 128) with your Blugold Card or another government-issued photo ID for identity verification purposes. Due to the sensitivity of the information, PINs can not be given over the phone or without proper identification.
If you are off campus or have no government-issued photo ID, contact the LTS Help Desk at 715-836-5711 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have your PIN sent to you via postal mail.
Note: To protect your privacy, we do not give our Help Desk staff access to your PIN and will not give PINs over the phone or via email. Your username and Blugold Card ID are not confidential and can be given over the phone.
- Faculty and Staff
Contact the Human Resources department for your PIN.