This page includes documentation on the following topics:
- Changing a Password From the Default
- Password Requirements
- Forgotten Passwords
- Changing Your Username
As a new student, you received an envelope with your permanent UW-Eau Claire username and PIN, password, and Blugold Card ID. Your default password is uwec?#### (with #### being equal to your four-digit PIN).
You will need to change your password from the default in Webmail before being able to access other password protected UW-Eau Claire services, such as MyBlugold CampS and Desire2Learn.
Follow these steps to change your password online:
- Go to Webmail Outlook Web App.
- Log in with your UW-Eau Claire username and the default password uwec?#### (with #### being equal to your four-digit PIN).
- You should automatically be prompted to change your password. You will need to input your current password, enter a new password, and re-enter that new password.
Note: The new password you create needs to fulfill the minimum requirements described below.
- If you are not prompted to change you password and instead are directed to your inbox, complete the following steps:
- Click Options in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Change Your Password...
- On the page that appears, you will see the requirements for a valid password. Enter your current password (the default) and create and enter a new password as directed.
- Click Save.
If you are on a campus Windows computer, you can also change your password using the process described below:
- Sign in to the campus computer with your UW-Eau Claire username and the default password uwec?#### (with #### being equal to your four-digit PIN).
- Press [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Delete] on your keyboard.
- Click Change a Password and enter the current/new password as directed.
Note: The new password you create will need to fill the minimum requirements as described below.
It is important for your password to be strong and secure, as it guards a great deal of private and sensitive information. Therefore, valid passwords must meet these minimum requirements:
- Be at least eight(8) characters in length
- Contain characters from three(3) of the following four(4) categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
- Password cannot contain significant portions of the user's account name or full name
Note: UW-Eau Claire users are required to change their password at least once per year.
If you forget your current password, you can reset it to the default (uwec?####). To do this, follow the directions below:
- Go to https://users.uwec.edu/resetpassword/reset.asp.
- Enter your UWEC username, Blugold card number, and PIN.
- Once you reset your password, it will return to the default uwec?#### (with #### being your four-digit PIN). Note that you will be required to change your password immediately from this default format because it will be considered expired. To do this, view the directions above regarding how to change a default password.
Changing Your PIN
If you wish, you may change your assigned PIN to a four-digit number of your own choosing.
- Go to https://my.uwec.edu/blugold/personinfo/pin.htm
- Click My Info on the toolbar.
- Click Change My PIN Number under Personal Information.
There are several ways to get your PIN if you have forgotten, depending on personal preference.
If convenient,you may stop by the Registrar's Office (Schofield 128) with their Blugold Card or another government-issued photo ID for identity verification purposes. Due to the sensitivity of the information, PINs can not be given over the phone or without proper identification.
If you are off campus or have no government-issued photo ID, contact the LTS Help Desk at 715-836-5711 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have your PIN sent to you via postal mail.
Note: To protect your privacy, we do not give our Help Desk staff access to your PIN and will not give PINs over the phone or via email. Your username and Blugold Card ID are not confidential and can be given over the phone.
- Faculty and Staff
Contact the Human Resources department for your PIN.
Your UW-Eau Claire computer username is only changeable under specific special circumstances. Check the UWEC Username Change Policy for details.