The People Pages system as we know it is being phased out due to changes in technology. As we transition to new solutions for the needs this outdated system provided, no new sites can be created.
NOTE: As we move forward with this project, we will refer to these sites collectively as "Professional Pages", since their intended purpose is for professional information related to studies or employment at UW-Eau Claire.
Current People Page Users
Faculty and staff members who already have a People Page site (or a "professional" site) will continue to use the space as usual until the sites are consolidated under a new space.
Sites Similar to People Pages
Faculty and staff who do not have a professional site can request the same type of Web space that used to be provided by this system by contacting the Help Desk at 715-836-5711.
New Profile System
In addition, a new faculty and staff profile system has been developed to build individual home pages with automatically updated contact information. A professional photo and a link to your department and professional site can be added upon request. Additional information can be added by the staff member to their page to showcase the wide array of skills and abilities that make this campus so unique.
Once a staff member leaves or retires, their profile page will be removed.
There is no longer a campus option for open Web space for students. This chart of free products for Web site development offers recommendations for cloud-based Web space.
Contact the Help Desk if you have questions.
August 8, 2012
- No new people pages
- Existing sites for faculty and staff will continue to be available
- Existing sites for students will be available for a short time
September 10, 2012
- Research, guided by faculty, is started to determine additional options for content currently in People Pages
September 11, 2012
- New Faculty/Staff Profile System is being piloted
- Training has begun for faculty and staff on the use of the system
October 1, 2012
- Faculty/Staff Profile System is ready for use
June 1, 2013
- Faculty and Staff A-Z listing will no longer link to People Pages list, but instead to Faculty/Staff Profile list
September 1, 2013
- Web access to Student People Pages is turned off, but files are available via drive shares
March 1, 2014
- Student People Pages files are removed