For additional assistance, view the LTS Help Documentation tutorial Streaming Media Portal: Searching Content.
Finding Personal Content
- Open a web browser, and go to media.uwec.edu.
- Enter your UWEC username and password, and click Login. You will automatically be brought to the Streaming Media Portal homepage.
- To find videos you have uploaded, select the My Videos tab near the top left of the screen.
On the page that appears, select My Submissions. You will see all your uploaded videos.
What is Searchable?
When individuals upload videos to the Streaming Media Portal, they have the option to add metadata to the video that will make it more searchable. Below is a list of the metadata associated with a video that can be searched. These correspond with the fields available in the Filter Search option mentioned below in number five of Searching Content.
The title of video is a good search term, whether you search part or all of the title.
This searchable field allows you to search for an uploaded video by the owner’s username.
Upon upload, an owner can set any number of words as keywords. These are generally associated with the content of the video, but may also include the owner’s username.
The description of a video is generally a one- or two-sentence description of the content of the video. Any words in this description are searchable terms.
No matter what page you go to in the Streaming Media Portal, you will see a search box near the top right of the screen for you to utilize. However, the steps listed below provide options for a more advanced search.
Note: The text directly below this search box allows you to choose whether you wish to search stored or live video. The steps to search are the same for both these options, but note that you cannot search both these groups simultaneously. Also, the terms you type into the search box will remain there until you clear them. To do this, click the dash found immediately to the left of the magnifying glass in the search box.
- Select the All Videos tab near the top left of the page. You will see a list of all the videos available on the Streaming Media Portal.
- Note first that the Stored Video tab, found directly above the video list, is automatically selected. If you wish to search live video, select the Live Video tab instead.
- Next, look to the Categories list in the panel on the far left of the page. If you know that the video you are looking for falls into a specific category, you may select that category from the list. Note that All is automatically selected.
- Click the arrow to the right of Search Only, found near the top center of the screen. From this list, you may narrow the search results by choosing to search only clips, playlists, or webcasts. Note that All is selected by default.
- Click the arrow to the right of Filter Search, found directly to the left of the search box. From this list, you may choose an option that will limit the search by looking for your search terms only in the selected field. Note that All is selected by default.
Example: If you are looking for a video about Learning Technology Services (LTS), and you know that “LTS” appears somewhere in the title, you may wish to filter the search so it only looks for your search terms in video titles.
- Enter your search term(s) in the search box near the top right of the screen. Either hit Enter on your keyboard or click the magnifying glass to the right of the search box to complete your search.
- All the videos that meet your search criteria will appear in a list. Note the Sort by dropdown menu at the top of this list. Results are automatically sorted A-Z by title, but you may select another option if desired.