For additional assistance, view the LTS Help Documentation tutorial Streaming Media Porta: Creating Clips.
Creating a Clip
Clipping allows you to grab pieces of a video, as opposed to the whole video, and easily access them under the My Videos tab. You may do this for any video, whether you are the owner or not.
Why is this useful? If you want to only use a section of a video in class, you can clip only that section instead of having to skip through the video or queue it up prior to or during class.
- Start by playing the desired video you wish to make a clip of for personal or course use. When you reach the beginning of the section you wish to clip, click the Add New Clip icon:
- In the window that appears, note that the time in the video at which you clicked the clip icon is recorded as the Start Time. By default, the End Time will be the end of the video. You may edit this if desired. Note the time tracking below the progress bar of the video.
- If desired, you may edit the title and description of the clipping.
- Click Add New Clip. A message will appear, alerting you that the clip was successfully created, and the window will close.
Viewing Your Clips
- Click the My Videos tab near the top left of the screen.
- Select My Clips.
- You will see the thumbnails for all the clips you have created.