Distance Education (DE) involves the creation of a learning environment between students in one location and the instructor in another location through the use of synchronous and asynchronous distance learning technologies.
Distance Education services offered through the LTS include:
- DE technical and operational support
- Scheduling for non-credit courses and events
- Network and systems maintenance
- Consulting on distance education options
- Facility design, planning, installation, and testing
- Desktop videoconferencing
- Faculty support for course design and delivery
- Faculty training and student orientation
If you are coming to campus to participate in a distance education program, here are two campus maps to assist you in finding your way. Both maps are in PDF format.
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire campus map 1
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire campus map 2
this one is a closer view of the campus
This document is a notice that the Department of Education requires that students be informed about complaint processes and contact information in other states. This statement has a link to SHEEO's list of addresses and complaint contacts in other states.
Video and Television Services
In addition to supporting distance education, this LTS unit also supports Campus Television Services.