The MyBlugold CampS implementation (named for MyBlugold, where it can be found, and the Oracle PeopleSoft Campus Solutions software used) is moving along according to schedule, with most major student data activities working with the new system (or temporarily integrated with the legacy system) since Fall 2010. Implementation tasks continue as we design replacements for the remaining processes being performed on our legacy system.
Remaining tasks include:
- Setup and implementation of Campus Solutions Academic Advising
- Continued setup of the software to handle ongoing operational tasks (this initial setup will continue until we have gone a full year processing records in MyBlugold CampS)
In a separate but related project, the remaining applications on the legacy administrative mainframe are being replaced with 3rd party software and/or rewritten for the MyBlugold CampS environment. The full work plan for this project is yet to be established.
Examples of work in process and remaining tasks include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Implementation of the Housing RMS system
- Implementation of Raiser's Edge for the UW-Eau Claire Foundation
- Rewriting the Freshman Orientation system
- Developing systems for handling PIN creation, Active Directory information updates, and distribution lists.