The Blugold Insider Intranet & Digital Workplace is a set of secure Web pages that provide information to the campus community and support work collaboration through shared documents, lists, and calendars. The implementation encompasses several aspects:
- Creating a campus intranet for informational web pages targeted solely to UW-Eau Claire students and staff
- Creating a replacement for the former MyBlugold internal applications
- Upgrading and creating a consistent infrastructure for a digital workplace
The UW-Eau Claire intranet will provide an environment for students, staff, and faculty to find and display secure, internal news and information. Some of this content currently resides on our public www.uwec.edu web site. The goal is to have all of this information available in an integrated (yet secure) area where people can easily get to the information they need for their tasks.
The digital workplace will provide tools to efficiently and effectively manage documents and information throughout their life cycles. These tools address the business and productivity needs of our campus. Collaboration sites will support teamwork among students, faculty, and department staff in a digital environment of shared documents, lists, notifications and calendars.
How will this happen?
LTS has set up a SharePoint 2013 infrastructure for the digital workplace. Multiple areas have already begun using a digital workplace, and those areas have been migrated to the new infrastructure. Since the infrastructure is now complete, departments may request collection sites where they can include informational pages, store and catalog documents, and utilize the interactive lists and communication provided by the digital technology.
When will this happen?
Now! Implementation has already begun and will continue through the next year or two as departments begin utilizing the collaborative features of the new system.
Who is leading this effort?
An advisory board consisting of several students and staff from multiple departments is guiding this effort. Many people within LTS are assisting with various facets of the implementation, with the core team of:
- Judy Hull, digital workplace analysis and support
- Danielle Ryan, training and digital workplace analysis and support
- Lillian Hillis, intranet planning and infrastructure
- Matt Sias, system administrator
- Eric Stevens, software and hardware configuration
- Chip Eckardt, third party software and project resources
- Bev Miller, project manager