September 14, 2016
UW System Administrative Procedure 1030.A defines the following requirements related to passwords.
Students, faculty, staff, and affiliates are required to change their network password at least once per every 180 days. Learning and Technology Services will provide notification at three intervals (30 days, 10 days, and 1 day) prior to the expiration of a password. Learning and Technology Services does not track or record user passwords; we track change dates only.
- Passwords must be changed at least once per every 180 days
- Cannot reuse previous passwords
- Passwords cannot contain significant portions of the user's username or full name
- Passwords must be at least 12 characters long
- Passwords must contain 1 or more English uppercase characters (A-Z)
- Passwords must contain 1 or more English lowercase characters (a-z)
- Passwords must contain 1 or more numbers (0-9) or non-alphanumeric characters (!, $, #, %, etc.)
For more information about password requirements, visit the UW-Eau Claire Passwords documentation.
You can reset your password to the default online.