D2L Version 10.1 is coming January 9, 2014. The D2L Content tool and User Progress tools were extensively redesigned in this upgrade. Enhancements were also made in the Dropbox and Discussion tools.
This upgrade requires a complete D2L outage:
- Beginning Wednesday, January 8, at 10:00 pm
- Ending Thursday, January 9, at 10:00 am
We Have Resources for You!
- Join D2L administrators for demos of 10.1 in December and January with practice time available for you. Look below to see the schedule of classes. You may register for these demos at the LTS Training site.
- View text documentation and/or video tutorials about changes to the Content tool.
- Personal assistance - we are glad to assist you in person or via phone
Content Redesign Brings Some Helpful New Features
- One Content interface: editable for instructors and read-only for students
- Easier editing!
- Edit-in-place capability with an upgraded HTML editor and an improved bulk edit feature reduces “clicks” to accomplish tasks
- Drag and drop functionality to re-order modules and topics
- New Course Overview feature for an introduction to course concepts
- New module description feature to introduce unit concepts
User Progress Redesign
- A redesigned User Progress dashboard includes more data with graphical information
- A new Class Progress dashboard provides instructors with data and graphics about the progress of the class as a whole
Dropbox Due Date
- Instructors may set a folder due date independent of start/end dates when creating dropboxes, communicating more clearly when dropbox submissions are due.
And more! Register for the D2L v. 10.1 demos/open labs at the LTS Training site.
Join D2L administrators to become acquainted with the revamped Content tool and the new Class Progress tool in D2L version 10.1 coming in early January. Work time will be available for practicing what you've learned. This workshop is focused on educators currently using D2L.
Note also that there is Content 10.1 help documentation available for faculty, complete with embedded video tutorials.
Friday, Jan. 3, 2014
Friday, Jan. 10, 2014
Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2014
Thursday, Jan. 16, 2014
Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014
Thursday, Jan. 23, 2014
Friday, Jan. 24, 2014
Please contact Roxie Muldoon (email@example.com | 715-836-2700) for details.