Become a Hall Raiser!
Available to returning residents of Towers Hall. The purpose of being a hall raiser is to welcome 1st year students and families to their new home.
Some ways you can do this are:
- Help students and families carry their belongings to their rooms
- Get to know the new people - find out who they are, answer questions, promote upcoming programs and events
- Help them understand how the combinations work, find the laundry room, the computer lab, the bathroom, restaurants to take parents to, general directions
- Encourage resident to get involved in Towers Hall Council, to purchase Hall Council Activity Passes and apparel
- Inform them of the loft process, take care of any facility issues, or use any other veteran tips you have
- Promote CUBE fest, wing activities, and Mandatory wing meetings
- Wear your name tag and T-shirt whenever "on duty"
- Follow the policies and procedures set up
- Be on time
- Show up and do what you volunteer to do
- You will need to work a specified number of move in shifts (number to be determined at a later date)
- You will need to work a specified number of CUBEfest shifts (number to be determined at a later date)
- Some shifts available may be working with a loft crew, lofting beds in Towers
Benefits to being a hall raiser
- Avoid the crowd and move-in a day early
- Have a chance to make a great first impression of Towers Hall and UWEC for a new student and their family
- Meet new Towers residents and their families
- Make the move-in process easier for the new residents and their families
- Get a cool new T-shirt
- Have tons of fun!
To get started, fill out our Hall Raiser eForm. Applications are still being accepted.