The Resident Assistant job is a part-time, live-in position with an appointment on an academic semester or an academic year basis. There are approximately 120 RAs that are divided between the 11 residence halls on campus. Staff sizes range for 5 to 18.
Monday, December 8 - Wednesday, February 4
Wednesday, February 4 at Noon
Saturday, February 7 - Saturday, February 28 (Hall Director will contact you for specific times)
Candidates will be notified of hiring status no later than
Monday, March 2 at 5 PM
How To Apply
3 Easy Steps to Apply
1. Complete this online RA Application Form.
Before beginning the online application, you will need to have the following:
- Contact information for your three references, including name, phone number, e-mail address (if available), address and occupation.
- A cover letter (saved as a PDF file) addressed to the Hall Director. Focus your cover letter:
- Describe why you want to be a R.A.
- Explain why you want to work in the hall you are applying to
- Highlight key leadership experiences that are relevant to the R.A. position
- Explain how equity, diversity, and inclusion are important to you and the R.A. position
- Your resume (saved as a PDF file)
2. Give a Reference Form to three people who are willing to speak professionally and positively on your behalf. They should email these directly to RAselection@uwec.edu. People who you might want to ask: your current/past RA, Hall Director, organization advisor/president, professor, current/past work supervisor, coach, volunteer coordinator, teacher, etc.
3. The hall director will contact you to schedule your personal interview and group interview after the application deadline has passed.
* Criminal background checks are required prior to employment.
General Information Meetings
- Thursday, January 29, 2014 - Towers Commons (1st floor) @ 9:00 p.m.
Deb Newman, Associate Director of Housing & Residence Life
* General Information meetings provide helpful information in: navigating the application process, compensation, job description, and other questions. The RA Informational Fair will give you an opportunity to talk with Hall Directors and Resident Assistants about what it is like to work in a particular hall.
Career Services Presentations
- Resume & Cover Letter Writing
Thursday, January 29 at 8:00 PM in Towers Commons
- Interview Tips
Thursday, February 5 at 8:00 PM in Towers Commons
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing Tips
Anticipated RA Openings
Please Note: These numbers are TBD and subject to change without notice and are offered to help inform you which halls are hiring.
|Hall||Male Vacancies||Female Vacancies|