Connecting to the UW-Eau Claire Intranet
Connecting to the UW-Eau Claire Intranet will give you access to all of the network resources that you would have access to when you are on campus, including the internet and your H Drive. Most computers already come with the appropriate software needed to access the World Wide Web and e-mail via UWEC. All you need to do is configure your computer to connect.
Connecting to the Internet from Off Campus
First you'll need to get connected to the internet using an independent Internet Service Provider (ISP). For more information on how to get connected, check out our suggestions (http://www.uwec.edu/helpdesk/providers.htm).
Now that you're connected, what would you like to do next?
- The World Wide Web - Most computers come with a web browser of some sort (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.).
- Read Your E-mail - The preferred e-mail client (program) by the University for home use is Webmail. You may use any e-mail program you wish, but we cannot help you troubleshoot problems for many of them.
- Connect to Your H Drive - Your H Drive can be accessed in a couple of ways depending on whether you are connecting from on- or off-campus. For more information, read this document.
- Connect to the W Drive - The W Drive can be accessed in the same ways as the H Drive. For more information, read this document.
- Connect to the VPN - The Virtual Private Network connections are supported through the university to allow access to on-campus resources from off-campus. For more information on how to connect, read http://www.uwec.edu/Help/drives/vpn.htm.