- UW-Eau Claire users must change their password at least once a year.
- The default password is uwec?#### with the four digits as your PIN (e.g., uwec?1234).
As a new student, you received an envelope with your permanent UW-Eau Claire username and PIN, password, and Blugold Card ID. With this information, you will be able to change your password from the default uwec?####.
It is important for your password to be strong and secure, as it guards a great deal of private and sensitive information. Therefore, valid passwords must meet these minimum requirements:
- Be at least eight(8) characters in length
- Contain characters from three(3) of the following four(4) categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
- Password cannot contain significant portions of the user's account name or full name
Changing a Password or PIN
Password ChangeFollow these steps to change your password online:
- Go to Webmail Outlook Web App
- Login with your UW-Eau Claire username and the default password, uwec?#### (with #### being equal to your four-digit PIN).
- You should automatically be prompted to change your password. You will need to input your current password, enter a new password, and re-enter that new password.
- If you are not prompted to change your password, and instead are directed to your inbox, complete the following steps:
- Click Options in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Change Your Password...
- On the page that appears, you will see the requirements for a valid password. Enter your current password (the default) and create and enter a new password as directed.
- Click Save.
To change your password from a campus Windows computer:
- Sign in with your UW-Eau Claire username and the default password, uwec?#### (with #### being equal to your four-digit PIN).
- Press[Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Delete] on your keyboard.
- Click Change a Password and enter the current/new password as directed.
- Go to https://users.uwec.edu/resetpassword/reset.asp.
- Enter your UWEC username, blugold card number, and PIN.
- Once you reset your password, it will return to the default uwec?#### (with #### being your four-digit PIN). Note that you will be required to change your password immediately from this default format because it will be considered expired.
- Go to https://my.uwec.edu/blugold/personinfo/pin.htm
- Click My Info on the toolbar.
- Click Change My PIN Number under Personal Information.
Lost/Forgotten Username, Password, or PIN
If you are on campus, stop by the Registrar's Office (Schofield 128). You must have your Blugold Card or another government-issued photo ID for identity verification purposes.
Have you forgotten your PIN?
- Students - Contact the Registrar's office.
- Staff/Faculty - Contact the Human Resources department.
If you are off campus or have no government-issued photo ID, contact the LTS Help Desk at 715-836-5711 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have your PIN sent to you via postal mail. (Note: To protect your privacy, we do not give our Help Desk staff access to your PIN and will not give PINs over the phone or via email. Your username and Blugold Card ID are not confidential and can be given over the phone.)
Changing your username
Your UW-Eau Claire computer username is only changeable under specific special circumstances. Check the UWEC Username Change Policy for details.