1) Options for Images
There are several options for Images in MyBlugold. The first is found within your own site collection or subsite and the second is a campus-wide repository maintained by MyBlugold support staff.
Use this library to upload and share image for your site or subsite.
MyBlugold Image Gallery
This gallery contains a selection of images, provided by MyBlugold support staff, for use on any MyBlugold site.
2) Image Optimizing
Be sure to enhance, resize or otherwise edit your image using Photoshop or other image editing software before uploading your image to your MyBlugold Image Library. View the MyBlugold Desing Standards - Options for Content Layouts for suggestions for image sizes.
3) Uploading Images to Your "Images" Library
4) Using Images on Your Publishing Page
a) From the MyBlugold Image Gallery
1) a) If your publishing page does not already have an image, use Page Image: Click here to insert a picture from SharePoint to select an image.This is shown below.
b) If your publishing page already has an image, highlight the image that is already there
- Select Picture Tools >> Design tab on the top of the page
- Choose Change Picture >> From SharePoint then skip to step 3. (This is shown in the second image below)
2) Once Click here to insert a picture from SharePoint is selected, a new box will appear, as pictured below. Select Browse.
3) A new window will pop up displaying various locations that you can insert pictures from. Under Suggested locations on the upper left-hand corner of the window, select MyBlugold Image Gallery
--Note-- After you select the MyBlugold Image gallery, there are many pictures to choose from. To simplify your search for a picture, you can sort by image type, or category. For help with sorting images in the MyBlugold Image Gallery, Select this link.
b) From Your Document Library
- If your publishing page does not already have a picture, there will be a box that says Click here to insert a picture from SharePoint.
Otherwise, you can select the picture that is already there, and then select Picture Tools >> Design tab on the top of the page.
2. Browse. A new window will appear and on the far left side, select Images. Find the image you would like on the right and press OK.
3. Add a descriptive alternative text.