This page includes directions for the following:
For more information, watch the tutorial on Activating a Course.
- Log in to D2L; you will be taken to the My Home page in D2L.
- Find your D2L courses for the current or upcoming term in the My Courses listing on the My Home page.
- (Inactive) will display to the right of the course name: for any inactive courses in your listing.
- To activate a course, click the edit pencil to the right of the course name:
- On the Course Offering Information page, click the checkbox next to Course is active to activate your course.
- Click Save. Now, when you return to My Home, you will no longer see (Inactive) after the course name. Your students will now be able to see the course title in their D2L course listings; they will be able to access the course between the start and end dates set for the course.
You can also set start and end dates to limit the period of time students can access your D2L course. By default, D2L courses open on the first day of classes and end three weeks after the last week of classes.
Note: Regardless of start and end date, students cannot access a course that is inactive.
- From the My Home page, click the edit pencil to the right of the course name you wish to edit.
- You will see a section to edit the start and end dates of your course. You can select a date and time for both the start and end of a course. To change the date, click the small calendar icon: or, to start or end a course immediately, click Now.
- Press Save.