UW- Eau Claire's Qualtric Survey System is an application that provides the tools you need to create, administer and analyze data from surveys and polls. This document provides an overview of the steps involved and links to information that will be helpful at each point. This document contains information on:
Doing some planning up front will make creating the online survey or poll easier and help you to better achieve your research or study's goals. If at all possible, answer these questions before starting.
- What is the purpose of the poll or survey? Will you need IRB approval?
- What type of questions will you ask to achieve your purpose?
- Who will your respondents be?
- How will you contact them? Email? A link on your web page?
- What type of data analysis will you need? Frequencies only? In-depth statistical analysis?
Qualtrics has options for creating, testing, distributing, reviewing, and analyzing online surveys. Use the following information to navigate through the survey creation and review process.
Qualtrics has a number of features that help you create the survey look and flow, as well as, set custom options for your surveys. You can also review your survey by using spell check and preview your survey before distributing it to recipients.
For more information, refer to The Environment: The Create Survey Tab.
- Experiment with Qualtrics' two methods for creating surveys, Quick Survey Builder and Survey Library to find one that fits your task.
HINT: Quick Survey Builder is the recommended method for creating new surveys.
Survey Library is the recommended method for creating a modified survey from existing questions.
- Use Look and Feel to coordinate the layout and fonts of your survey.
- Set Survey Options for your survey (e.g., type of access).
- Use Survey Flow to review and modify the order of the questions.
- Click Spell Check at any time to review the spelling in all of the survey questions.
- Use Preview Survey to test the survey.
- Launch your survey and distribute it to users through a website or email.
Test your survey to ensure recipients will be able to take your survey in the way that you intended (e.g., skip logic). In this way, you will also be able to verify the type and format of the data.
For more information, refer to Testing Your Survey.
- Test the survey by sharing the URL and getting feedback on the questions.
- Review the responses by looking at the results, using cross tabulations, downloading, and exporting the data.
- Make necessary edits to the survey.
Qualtrics has the ability to distribute surveys through email, or by embedding or creating a pop-up survey on a website.
For more information, refer to Distributing Your Survey.
- Clear the test responses.
- Create a Panel and distribute your survey through a website of by email invitations.
Collecting and Analyzing Survey Data
View your results to create reports, analyze information, and export your survey data.
For more information, refer to The Environment: The View Results Tab.
- Close the survey at the appropriate time.
- Analyze the results.
- Delete the survey after saving all appropriate files.
Qualtrics can be used to create online polls for publication on a website. Use the following information to help create and post a poll using Qualtrics.
For more information, refer to The Environment: The Polls Tab.
Qualtrics has a number of features that help you create the look, flow, and custom options on your polls. After creating a poll, you can upload it to a website.
For more information, refer to Creating Polls.
- Create a poll.
- Use Look and Feel to coordinate the layout, fonts, and color scheme of your poll.
- Set Survey Options for your survey (e.g., type of access)
- Add the poll to a website.
Posting and Verifying Polls
Test your poll to ensure recipients will be able to access your question and vote.
For more information, refer to Distributing Your Poll.
- Test the poll by embedding it in your website and getting feedback on the question and response options.
- Make necessary edits to the poll.
Collecting Poll Data
Review your results to analyze responses.
- Close the poll at the appropriate time.
- View poll results.
- Delete the poll after saving all appropriate files.