You can add your Qualtrics poll in a Widget on the home page of a Desire2Learn course. This document explains how to do this.
- Create the poll
- Click ADD THIS POLL TO YOUR WEBSITE
The HTML code for the poll appears.
- Using your cursor, select all the code.
- Right click your mouse and select Copy.
- Paste the code into Microsoft Word or Notepad
- Select and copy just the URL of the poll. It will begin with http://poll1.qualtrics.com/WRPoll/?mode=html...
Currently, there is no simpler way to obtain just the URL.
Option 1: Make a Quicklink
Once you have the URL of the poll, it can be used just like any URL to make a Quicklink on the Content page.
This Quicklink will bring the viewer to a webpage displaying the poll.
Option 2: Embed the Poll
Polls can be embedded in any tool that allows the HTML source to be edited, such as a widget, the "Create New File" option on the Content page, or the News.
- Click EDIT HTML SOURCE
The HTML Source Editor appears.
- Copy this code and paste it into the HTML editor: <iframe src=http://[url here] name="[pollname here]" width="###" height="###"></iframe>
NOTE: If these is already some code in the editor, paste this in the empty space in between the two <body> tags.
- Copy the URL of your Qualtrics poll, as in the instructions above and paste it into the iframe code (above) where it says [url here].
- The ### needs to be changed to the appropriate size for your poll (for instance, 400 and 600).
NOTE: The appropriate size depends on the size of your poll and the space you are embedding it into.
Finding the right size may take a few attempts.
- Click UPDATE
- You should see the poll now. Adjust the frame size if necessary by editing the HTML source again. Click SAVE.