The Qualtrics Survey System is an application that provides the tools you need to create and administer surveys and analyze the data received. This document will help you get started in the creation of a survey. The Quick Survey Builder is recommended for someone who wants to get started as quickly and easily as possible. This is the fastest creation option.
- In the My Surveys tab, on the My Surveys toolbar, click CREATE SURVEY
Select the Create Survey tab
The How do you want to build your survey? page appears.
- Click QUICK SURVEY BUILDER
The Create A New Survey dialog box appears.
- In the Survey Name text box, type the desired name for your survey.
- OPTIONAL: From the Folder pull-down menu, select a Qualtrics folder.
- From the Account for Survey pull-down menu, select the desired location for the survey.
NOTE: My Account will make the survey yours alone.
- Click CREATE SURVEY
A new survey is created.
- To add a question to your survey, click CREATE A NEW QUESTION
The Question Options pane appears on the right side of the screen.
- In the Question Options pane, click the CHANGE QUESTION TYPE pull-down menu.
A palette of question types appears.
As you hover your mouse over a question type, a preview of a sample question for that type is displayed.
- Select the desired question type.
EXAMPLE: Select Multiple Choice
A blank question appears in your survey.
Additional options for that question type appear in the Question Options pane at the right.
- Click CLICK TO WRITE THE QUESTION TEXT.
The phrase appears selected within a text box.
- Type your question.
EXAMPLE: Type Which building do you spend most of your time in?
- Click and type to add additional elements or information appropriate to your question.
- In the Question Options pane, select any additional desired options for your question.
NOTE: Options vary according to question type.
- To add additional questions, repeat steps 7 - 13.
NOTE: For an overview on question blocks refer to Question Blocks: An