Annual Benefit Enrollment (ABE) Period October 5 - October 30, 2015
The Time Is Here. Evaluate, Enroll, Make Changes…
Don't miss your once a year opportunity to enroll or make changes to your benefits!
This is the time of the year to evaluate your benefits, review plan changes and determine your benefit needs for the coming year. All changes made during this period will be effective January 1, 2016.
2015 Benefit & Resource Fair
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
Davies Student Center – Ojibwe Ballroom (330)
Human Resources will be having Information Sessions and Computer Lab times.
|Fri, Oct 9, 2015||10:00 am - 11:00 am||Davies Center, Chancellors 311|
|Wed, Oct 14, 2015||11:30 am - 12:30 pm||Davies Center, Chancellors 311|
|Mon, Oct 19, 2015||2:00 pm - 3:00 pm||Davies Center, Chancellors 311|
|Thu, Oct 22, 2015||4:00 pm - 5:00 pm||Davies Center, Menomonie 320F|
Open Computer Labs
|Fri, Oct 16, 2015||8:00 am - 10:00 am||Schneider, Cargill Lab SSS204|
|Fri, Oct 16, 2015||1:00 pm - 3:00 pm||Schneider, Cargill Lab SSS204|
|Thu, Oct 22, 2015||2:00 pm -3:45 pm||Schneider, Cargill Lab SSS204|
|Tue, Oct 27, 2015||8:00 am - 9:30 am||Schneider, Cargill Lab SSS204|
Significant Health Plan Changes to Note:
- Arise Health Plan is now offering a combined service area and a new Aspirus service area. All Arise participants should confirm their provider network for 2016.
- Network Health Plan is offering a new service area in the southeast part of the state.
- WEA Trust will not be providing coverage in the following service areas/counties:
- East: Florence, Fond du Lac, Forest, Jefferson, Kenosha, Langlade, Lincoln, Marinette, Oneida, Price, Racine, Taylor, Vilas
- Northwest Chippewa Valley: Burnett, Sawyer, Trempealeau
- Northwest Mayo Clinic Health System: Buffalo
Employee contribution rates for 2016 http://etf.wi.gov/news/2016_rates/StateActiveContributionRates.pdf
Another source of information is from the Department of Employee Trust Funds is at http://etf.wi.gov/members/IYC2016/et-2107home.asp
In general, the changes center on increased cost sharing for participants in the form of added deductibles, new office visit copayments, increased out-of-pocket limits and coinsurance for certain prescription drugs. Uniform Dental will no longer be included as part of the State Group Health Insurance plan, but will continue automatically for current participants via the Delta Dental Wisconsin network.
The changes also include some added benefits in the areas of advance care planning and habilitative therapy services.
Confirm Your Providers
Health plans may make changes to their provider network so you should confirm that the doctors, clinics, hospitals and dentists you currently use will still be available in 2016. You will receive a mailing from your current health plan with 2016 provider information. See the ABE website for searchable directories on health and dental providers.
*All changes made during ABE will be effective January 1, 2016.*
Benefits Changes Allowed During ABE
You may be eligible to enroll in, change, increase, decrease, or cancel coverage, add or delete dependents. Some or all of these options may be available depending on the plan. Visit the ABE website for information on these benefits opportunities, brochures and applications.
- State Group Health (Graduate Assistants and Short-Term Academic Staff are not eligible for the High Deductible Health Plan and Health Savings Account)
- Dental Wisconsin Dental Insurance
- VSP Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) – participants must re-enroll every year. Enroll online with TASC, the plan vendor, at https://www.tasconline.com/. (UW Temporary Employees, Fellows, Scholars, Graduate Interns/Trainees or Post-Doctoral Fellows/Trainees are not eligible to participate)
- Epic Benefits+
- Individual & Family Life Insurance (may only increase coverage if already enrolled)
How to Make Elections
Use eBenefits to Make Elections Online: Beginning October 5, you may use eBenefits to make your benefits elections online by logging into the My UW System portal. Go to the Benefit Information module and click on the Open Enrollment link.
You are encouraged to use eBenefits, but you have the option to submit paper applications instead. You must complete, print and sign any paper applications, and submit them to your benefits office by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 30, 2015. All applications are available on the ABE website.
Benefit Enrollment Confirmation
You will receive a Benefit Enrollment Confirmation via email after you have submitted your eBenefits elections.
Human Resources Home Page
UW-Eau Claire Human Resources, Schofield 220, (715)836-2513