his browser does not support basic Web standards, preventing the display of our site's intended design. May we suggest that you upgrade your browser?


Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited New Hire Information

Benefit Orientation

-Contact the Human Resources Office immediately to set up an individual benefit orientation.  It will take about forty-five minutes and will be in Schofield Hall 220.  Please telephone (715) 836-2513 to arrange for an appointment.

PIN Number (Personal Identification Number)

-Appear in person with picture identification at the Human Resources Office, Schofield Hall 220.  You may also obtain your PIN number during your benefit orientation.

Complete Payroll Forms

-Complete these forms prior to starting your position https://uwservice.wisc.edu/docs/forms/new-employee-packet-c.pdf. If you are an existing employee and need to update your W4 only, please go to our Forms page from the dropdown above.

New hires may drop off your completed forms in person at Human Resources, Schofield Hall Room 220 to Barb Hanson or send them in postal mail to UW-Eau Claire, Human Resources, PO Box 4004, Eau Claire, WI 54702.

Blugold I.D. Card

-Take a copy of your contract to the Blugold Card Services located in Davies Center's east lobby.  You will need this card before you can purchase your parking permit.

I-9 Form (Employment Eligibility Verification)

-If you are a citizen of the United States, verification must be presented in person within three days of beginning employment at the University.  You will need to go to Human Resources in Schofield Hall 220, or present it during your benefit orientation. You may print out the I-9 Form and bring it with you. The most common documents used are a drivers license and Social Security Card.

If you are a non-citizen, you should immediately contact Human Resources Melissa Binick at (715)836-2515 to begin the process of securing proper work authorization from INS.  Ms. Binick is located in Schofield Hall 220.top

Social Security Card

-You were asked in your contract to provide a copy of your social security card for payroll purposes.  If you do not have it available, please apply for a duplicate through the local Social Security office located at 4120 Oakwood Hills Parkway.  Call first to see what documents you should take with you at (715)836-6645.

Parking Permits

A Parking permit will be available for walk-in purchase beginning on August 1 in Schneider 106.  Prices vary from year to year.  For the most recent cost contact the Parking Office at 836-2002. If you want a GF (guaranteed faculty) permit, you must apply for it through the Business/Student Services office, telephone (715)836-5182.  One of your choices will be to pay for your permit through pretax payroll deduction provided you pick up your permit at the beginning of the academic year.top

Local Address and Phone Number

Please furnish the Human Resources Office with your local address and telephone number as soon as possible. You may change your permanent address by logging into "My UW System" portal under Personal Information.

Paycheck Distribution Information

-Paychecks are direct deposited the first of each month.  If the first falls on a weekend, it will be deposited on the preceding workday.  The only exception is January 1.  Due to tax implications, it cannot be deposited prior to the first working day of January.

You will need to complete a Paycheck Distribution form, attach a voided check to the form and bring it to the Human Resources Office.  Your earnings statement will be available on your "My UW System" portal three days prior to pay day.top

Standard Work Week

-At the beginning of each semester, you will set up your standard work week with your supervisor.  This will be very helpful when completing Paid Leave Reports.

Paid Leave Reports

-If your contract qualifies you to participate in the Wisconsin Retirement System, you will earn paid leave.  You can verify this information during your benefit orientation.

If you are eligible for leave you will need to submit a leave report in your "My UW System" portal each month. Please refer to the Employee Reference Guide for instructions.

As a full time Faculty, Academic Staff or Limited employee you will enter zero hours if you are absent from zero to two hours, four hours if you are absent from two to six hours, and eight if you are absent from six to eight hours.  Part-time employees will enter the exact hours absent.

If you qualify for vacation and personal time, be sure to use personal time first because it will not carry over into the next fiscal year if it is not used.  Your earned vacation not used will automatically carry into the next fiscal year; it must then be used by June 30 or will be lost.top

To the top.

Excellence. Our Measure. Our Motto. Our Goal.