his browser does not support basic Web standards, preventing the display of our site's intended design. May we suggest that you upgrade your browser?


Classified/LTE New Hire Information

Benefit Orientation

-For Permanent Classified and LTE's in Wisconsin Retirement only.  Contact the Payroll and Benefits Office immediately to set up an individual benefit orientation.  It will take about forty-five minutes and will be in Schofield Hall 220.   Please telephone Kris Bremness 836-5389 to arrange for an appointment. View a PowerPoint Presentation about the benefits available to you:

Classified employees pdf

PIN Number (Personal Identification Number)

-Appear in person with picture identification at the Payroll and Benefits Office, Schofield Hall 220.  You may obtain your PIN number during your benefit orientation.

Complete Payroll forms

-Complete these forms prior to starting your position https://uwservice.wisc.edu/docs/forms/new-employee-packet-c.pdf. If you are an existing employee and need to update your W4 only, please go to our Forms page from the dropdown above.

New hires you may drop off your completed forms in person at Human Resources, Schofield Hall Room 220 to Barb Hanson or send them in postal mail to UW-Eau Claire, Human Resources, PO Box 4004, Eau Claire, WI 54702.

Blugold I.D. Card

-Take a copy of your contract to the Blugold Card Services located in Davies Center's east lobby.  You will need this card before you can purchase your parking permit.


I-9 Form (Employment Eligibility Verification)

-If you are a citizen of the United States, verification must be presented in person within three days of beginning employment at the University. 

You will receive a document from us with a web link with instructions. When you arrive on campus for your Benefit Orientation please bring the supported documents listed in your notice. The most common documents used are a driver's license and Social Security Card.

Social Security Card

-If you do not have you card available, please apply for a duplicate through the local Social Security office located at 4120 Oakwood Hills Parkway. Call first to see what documents you should take with you at (715)836-6645.up

Parking Permits

-You will need your Blugold I.D. card and license plate number to purchase a parking permit which will be available for walk-in purchase beginning of the academic year in Schneider 106. Prices vary from year to year.  For the most recent cost contact the Parking Office at 836-2002. If you want a G (guaranteed) permit, you must apply for it through the Business/Student Services office, telephone (715)836-5182.  One of your choices will be to pay for your permit through pretax payroll deduction provided you pick up your permit at the beginning of the academic year. 

Local Address and Phone Number

-Please login to the My UW Portal to make address changes. Changes made in My Blugold will not reflect the address for W2's.up

Paycheck Distribution Information

-You will receive your pay on a biweekly basis, every other Thursday. If a holiday falls on a payroll Thursday, you will be paid on the preceding Wednesday.

Your check will be deposited electronically into the bank or credit union of your choice. Please complete a Paycheck Distribution Form.

The following deductions will be made from all paychecks: federal tax, state tax, social security and Medicare. Voluntary payroll deductions for insurances will occur on a monthly basis. Deductions for credit unions, charities, tax shelters, etc., will occur on a biweekly basis.

Should you want an explanation of deductions from your paycheck, or if you are considering changes, contact the Classified Payroll and Benefits Specialist in Human Resources.

Classified Employee How to Complete Your Timesheet pdf

LTE Employee How to Complete Your Timesheet pdf


To the top.


Excellence. Our Measure. Our Motto. Our Goal.