1. How to Apply for Admission:
- If applying to a specific graduate program, complete the Application for Admission (see "Apply Online" icon in left side panel. Click Here
- For more details, see Graduate Admissions Process.
- If interested in just taking a few graduate courses (and not currently seeking a degree), complete the Special Student Electronic Application (click on Visitor/Guest Student after registering as a new user). For more information about admission as Special Student, go to the Registrar's Office website or refer to the Graduate Catalogue.
3. Register each term – Consult your adviser as needed. Registration is done online via MyBlugold, from the UW-Eau Claire homepage. Some courses may require prior approval from the department. Please pay the $100 registration deposit as early as possible, or at least two working days before you wish to register to avoid delays with your registration. See the Business Office for preferred methods of payments.
4. After you have completed approximately 15 credits, work with your adviser to complete a Graduate Degree Program Plan. Submit plan to Graduate Studies for approval. An approved Graduate Degree Program Plan must be on file before a student may take the written comp exam or apply to graduate.
5. If writing either a thesis or research paper is a graduation requirement for your program, you should begin working with your thesis adviser early in your program. Please follow the Thesis Manual for guidance. Once you are close to finished with your paper, you should work with your adviser and thesis committee to schedule a date for your oral exam (see Step 6).
6. If taking a written examination and/or holding an oral comprehensive examination are graduation requirements for your program, you should work with your program adviser to schedule these dates and to form the committees. You must complete the Application to take the Written Comp Exam to Graduate Studies by the end of the first week of classes of the semester in which you intend to take the exam. A Notice of Oral Examination form must be submitted to Graduate Studies at least 14 days prior to the date of the exam.
7. It is your responsibility to apply for graduation by the end of the first week of the semester or session in which you plan to graduate. The application for graduation process can be completed online using MyBlugold CampS (Go to UWEC homepage > Current Student > MyBlugold > MyBlugold CampS > Self Service > Student Center > My Academics > Apply for Graduation). Or, you may download an Application for Graduation form from the Graduate Studies website and submit it to Graduate Studies by the end of the first week of the semester. Please be aware that a candidate for graduation must be a currently enrolled graduate student. For additional details regarding the commencement ceremony, please refer to Activities and Programs.