In an effort to foster a productive work environment for everyone, please adhere to the following rules:
- Food, chewing tobacco, talking on cell phones, gaming and non-academic instant messaging are strictly prohibited in the labs. Beverages with lids are acceptable as long as the lid stays on when not drinking.
- Social media must be kept to a minimum during open lab hours. Please adhere to individual instructors rules regarding social media during scheduled lab hours.
- Please be aware of when the lab is reserved for a class by referring to the schedule posted at the entrance to the lab. If the lab is reserved for a class period, the instructor will announce that class will begin. Please log off your machine and allow students in the class to find their seats. You may see if a computer is available; if so, with the instructors consent you may quietly work during the class, preferably on one of the computers that do not interfere with class instruction.
- GEOGRAPHY course work has the highest priority in the lab followed by Geography related research. If a computer lab is busy, please leave non-essential computer activity for another time.
- All files must be saved to the appropriate drive space and not to the lab computers. Files saved anywhere else will be removed during nightly maintenance.
- If you are watching a film for class or listening to music please use headphones.
- If you leave a computer please log out and remove your belongings.
- Acceptable Use: Computers must be used in accordance with the University's Computer and Network Usage Guidelines http://www.uwec.edu/acadaff/policies/usage.htm and with all applicable Federal and state statutes including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf).