Music and Theatre Arts
The department of music and theatre arts offers an outstanding undergraduate education for aspiring musicians, music educators and theater professionals, and also serves as a primary cultural resource for western Wisconsin. Students in the performing arts receive individual attention from our faculty and are frequently a part of faculty-student collaborative research. The department has approximately 320 music majors and 60 theater arts majors educated by 32 full-time and ten part-time faculty members.
- The Eileen Phillips Cohen String Scholarship and String Quartet program is for students who want to learn and perform at the highest level and take on leadership roles in the UW-Eau Claire string division. The scholarship includes full in-state tuition and is not based on financial need. The program seeks to attract talented string musicians and help them realize their dreams.
Your gift supports:Support the general needs of the department of music and theater arts with a gift of any amount to the Music and Theatre Arts Advancement Fund, which is used to meet the needs of the department that cannot be met by the state-assisted university operating budget. The fund enables the department to take advantage of opportunities to advance its cause.
The amount in parentheses indicates the annual amount required to meet current obligations:
- Existing theatre and dance scholarships (gifts of any amount). Learn more.
- A new scholarship of your choice (minimum of $500 annual, $15,000 to endow).
- Plays for the student theatrical library (any amount).
- Power tools and supplies for the scenic shops (any amount).
- Lighting instruments for the three theatres ($2,000 per instrument).
- Faculty and student travel to conferences and performances ($250).
- A portable sprung floor for dance students ($15,000).
- The Department of Music and Theatre Arts Advancement Fund (gifts of any amount).
Thank you for considering a gift to benefit UW-Eau Claire's music and theatre arts programs. For more information, contact Dr. Vanissa Murphy, music and theatre arts department chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-836-4954.