Why Support the Marching Band?
The Blugold Marching Band is one of the biggest marching bands in the Midwest, having grown from 60 to 300 members in the past 10 years. In the past 6 years, the Blugold Marching Band has taken three international performance tours and has performed at such notable venues as the Roman Coliseum, St. Peter’s Basilica, and the Eiffel Tower. In 2014, the Blugold Marching Band will represent UW-Eau Claire on their tour of Southeast Asia.
With the rapid increase in the size of the band and its many possibilities to represent UW-Eau Claire nationally and internationally, the band relies on private support from alumni and friends to play on!
Investing in the Blugold Marching BandPlease help support the outstanding UW-Eau Claire Blugold Marching Band through your gift to the UW-Eau Claire Foundation. Your gift to help meet any of the following needs will enhance student learning experiences and provide valuable faculty resources. The amount in parentheses indicates the annual amount required to meet current obligations:
• Gifts to the Marching Band Advancement Fund to support general needs
(gifts of any amount).
• Funds to purchase 23 uniforms ($515 each).
• Funds to purchase eight sousaphones ($3,500 each).
• Funds to purchase two snare drums with carriers and cases ($477 each).
• Funds to purchase two pairs of cymbals ($298 each).
• Funds to purchase a set of quint toms ($900).
• Funds to support travel to contest exhibitions and one Blugold away game
Adopt a Band Member
By “adopting” a Blugold Marching Band Member with a gift of $250 to the Blugold Marching Band Advancement Fund, you can make an important contribution to the future of the Blugold Marching Band. Once you make a gift of $250, you will receive a picture and brief biography of the band member that you sponsored. You will also be invited to meet the BMB members at the 2013 Homecoming Game for a pregame reception. You may also consider sponsoring more than one member for $250.00 per student!
Your gift supports:
• New instruments
• Instrument repair
• Travel expenses (transportation, hotel, etc.)
• Housing during band camp
• Color Guard Equipment (flags, rifles, etc.)
• Other immediate needs
For more information on other giving options, please contact Victoria Follett at 715-836-5628 or email@example.com.