- One hundred percent of our Spanish majors and minors study abroad during their time at UW-Eau Claire.
- Students at all levels have the opportunity to collaborate with faculty in linguistics and international literature, culture, history, and politics.
- Research in the department of foreign languages is representative of top notch graduate level work, and most students' research projects have resulted in publication.
- Recent research has included translating the diary of an early 1800's German immigrant and creating a curriculum to teach English to migrant farm workers across the state.
Your Gift Supports:
Support the general needs of the department of languages with a gift of any amount to the Languages Advancement Fund, which is used to meet the needs of the department that cannot be met by the state-assisted university operating budget. The fund enables the department to take advantage of opportunities to advance its cause.
The amount in parentheses indicates the annual amount required to meet current obligations:
- Existing scholarships ($100).
- The Dagny Midelfort Book Prizes awarded to outstanding graduating majors ($100 or more).
- The creation of new scholarships ($500 annual, $15,000 to endow).
- Graduate assistantships, TESOL ($500).
- Student recruitment ($250).
- Speakers to discuss foreign language or second language issues ($500).
- Purchase of library materials related to teaching foreign languages and cultures ($100).
Thank you for considering a gift to benefit the department of languages at UW-Eau Claire. For more information, contact Carter Smith, department chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-836-3475.