Your Gift Supports:
Support the general needs of the English department with a gift of any amount to the English Advancement Fund, which is used to meet the needs of the department that cannot be met by the state-assisted university operating budget. The fund enables the department to take advantage of opportunities to advance its cause.
The amount in parentheses indicates the annual amount required to meet current obligations.
- A scholarship for a student in one of the five major emphases ($500 annual, $15,000 to endow).
- Any of the existing department scholarships (any amount).
- The creation of a Visiting Writer Fund to bring literary figures to campus for public readings, lectures, classroom presentations and writing workshops (any amount).
- The English Festival Fund, used to expand this annual spring event (any amount).
- The creation of a Web Site Internship Fund to involve science and technical communication students in improving and maintaining the departmental Web site, including a new interactive alumni page ($1,500).
- Summer stipends for faculty to work with students on collaborative research projects ($500 per stipend).
- The English Advancement Fund, which provides flexible funding for priorities like student/faculty collaborative research, student conference travel, faculty research and travel, supplemental sabbatical support, and new faculty and student recruitment (any amount).
Thank you for considering a gift to benefit the English department at UW-Eau Claire. For more information, contact Dr. Carmen Manning, department chair, at email@example.com or 715-836-5838.