How to make your securities gift
You can make a securities gift to the UW-Eau Claire Foundation (1) via electronic transfer or (2) by mailing the security certificate directly to the Foundation:
1. Electronic transfer: Sign a transfer authorization, a letter of instruction providing the security name and number of shares to be gifted, and a stock power form. Provide your broker or bank with the UW-Eau Claire Foundation’s brokerage information.
2. Mail security certificate and stock power form: In separate envelopes, send the following to the UW-Eau Claire Foundation: (1) the security certificate WITHOUT an assignment or endorsement; and (2) a signed stock power form with a guaranteed signature by a bank officer or stockbroker. On the stock power form, write “University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Foundation” in the blank following the words “hereby sell, assign and transfer unto.”
Both documents required in Option 2 should be sent via certified mail to:
UW-Eau Claire Foundation
105 Garfield Ave., 214 Schofield Hall
Eau Claire, WI 54701
• If securities are mailed directly to the UW-Eau Claire Foundation, the gift is effective on the date of mailing. If the securities are mailed directly to a brokerage account, the contribution is not complete until the gift is received into the brokerage account of the UW-Eau Claire Foundation.
• The gift value is calculated by using the median price between the high and low prices on the date of the gift.
• The UW-Eau Claire Foundation will issue the donor an official receipt for tax purposes with the gift value. In addition, the Foundation will provide a Form 8283, if requested by the donor.
• This gift value is the amount that will be transferred to the UW-Eau Claire Foundation fund designated by the donor.
For More Information
If you have questions about a securities transfer, contact Jerry Ives, UW-Eau Claire Foundation accountant, at (715) 836-2987 or email@example.com.