The following are the steps needed to have departmental or office furniture and equipment moved by the Facilities Management Custodial Services day crew.
- Fill out a Work Request. All moves of furniture and equipment must be charged back to your department.
- Make a diagram of how you want the furniture arranged in your new location. Please leave it in the new location on a bulletin board or taped to a wall.
- Label all items to be moved using removable stick-on paper (Post-It Notes). Do not label items that do not move.
- For lateral files and bookcases, empty them and box the contents.
- For 2, 4, and 5 drawer files, if the move is within the building, secure files by tightening the adjustable file back in each drawer. If the move is going outside the building (one building to another), empty the files and box the contents.
- We do not move personal items such as purses, shoes, clothing, flowers, etc.
- Please be completely ready for the move at the scheduled time.
If you have any questions about having departmental or office furniture and equipment moved, please call the Custodial Services office at 715-836-5817.