The goal of the Bluprint for a Blugold is simple: to get you connected to your new home. There are five categories on the Bluprint that are designed to best acquaint you with campus and enhance your college experience here at UW-Eau Claire. If you are enrolled in a First Year Only (FYO) class, your professor may require you to attend events. If you are not enrolled in an FYO class, these events are still open to you! Each Bluprint event is categorized and color coded for your convenience and include;
Cultural Competence- Events in this category allow you to expand your horizons and will introduce you to student organizations and resources pertaining to diversity and global issues.
Academic Success- These events provide great advice, instill academic skills and study habits, and introduce you to the campus services that will help you achieve your academic goals.
Practical Matters- The events in this category are intended to offer advice on the variety of matters that you may encounter as a student. Events focus on how to deal with conflict, budgeting, and other matters that may arise while in college.
Health and Wellness- College can be stressful, be sure to care for yourself. These events will connect you with related services and resources, and introduce good habits to keep you healthy and well during your college experience.
Getting Involved- The events in this category will help you navigate the UW-Eau Claire campus and Eau Claire area. They will also encourage you to get involved in clubs, organizations, community projects, research opportunities and more!
All categories offer great events to foster your first year. Please attend events and look for the Bluprint for a Blugold table to either swipe your Blugold ID card or sign in! Swiping or signing in at Bluprint events will enter you to win weekly prizes. The more events you participate in the better your chances to win!
Schedule of Events
Week 1 (Jan. 24th-30th)
Week 2 (Feb. 1st-6th)
- Service Learning Presentation; Tuesday, February 2nd from 9-9:30am in Centennial Hall, room 1804
- Eric Hipple: Real Men Do Cry; Wednesday, February 3rd, at 7:30pm in Schofield Auditorium
- Community Action Fair;Thursday, February 4th, from 10am-2pm in the Ojibwe Ballroom, Davies Center
Week 3 (Feb. 7th-13th)
- Service Learning Presentation;Thursday, February 11th, 11am-11:30am in Centennial Hall room 1804
Week 4 (Feb. 14th-20th)
- Free Ice Skating and Broomball; Friday, February 19th, from 8:30-10:30 at Hobbs Ice Center. Free shuttles run to and from Towers Hall and Hobbs Ice Center. Bring your own skates if you can, rentals go fast! Event planned by the University Activities Commission (Click here for information)
Week 5 (Feb. 21st-27th)
- Service Learning Presentation; Monday, February 22nd, from 1:00-1:30pm in Centennial Hall room 1204
- Tested: Film screening and Q & A; Wednesday, February 24th, from 12:00-2:00pm in the Woodland Theater, Davies Center.(Click here for more information)
Week 6 (Feb. 28th-March 5th)
- Slavery by Another Name: Film and discussion; Monday, February 29th, from 3:00-5:00pm in the Woodland Theatre, Davies Center.
- Service-Learning Presentation; Friday, March 4th, from 11:00-11:30am in Centennial Hall, room 1804
Week 7 (March 6th-12th)
- Service-Learning Presentation; Thursday, March 10th, from 2:00-2:30pm in Centennial Hall, room 1804
- Majors & Student Services Fair; Friday, March 11th, from 11am-12:30pm in the Ojibwe Ballroom in Davies Center
Week 8 (March 13th-19th)
- Chancellor's Roundtable; Wednesday, March 16th from 12:00-1:00pm in the Davies Center
- Service-Learning Presentation; Friday, March 18th, from 10:00-10:30am in Centennial Hall, room 1204
Week 9 (March 20th-26th) Spring Break!
No events this week.
Week 10 (March 27th-April 2nd)
- Service-Learning Presentation; Tuesday, March 29th, from 2:00-2:30pm in Centennial Hall, room 1204
- Mastering Mood, Mind and Myself Workshop; Tuesday, March 29th from 1:00-2:00pm
Week 11 (April 3rd-9th)
- Mastering Mood, Mind and Myself Workshop; Tuesday, April 5th, from 1:00-2:00pm
- Gender, Economic Development, and Armed Conflicts with Jennifer Olmsted. Wednesday, April 6th at 3:30pm in Centennial 1920. Refreshments will be served.
Week 12 (April 10th-16th)
- Mastering Mood, Mind and Myself Workshop; Tuesday, April 12th from 1:00-2:00pm
- Just Bag it Fashion Show: Wednesday, April 13th at 7:00pm in the Ojibwe Ballroom. (More information provided here)
Week 13 (April 17th-23rd)
- Night Out Film Series: The Hunting Grounds; Tuesday, April 19th, 7:00pm in the Woodland Theater, Davies Center.
Week 14 (April 24th-30th):
- CERCA First Year Spot Light; Tuesday April 26th, from 11:00am-1:00pm in the Council Oak room, Davies Center
Week 15 (May 1st-7th)
Week 16 (May 8th-14th)
This Week, April 25th-29th
CERCA First Year Spot Light; Tuesday April 26th, from 11:00am-1:00pm,Council Oak room in the Davies Center