Event Crew I
Reports to the Event Crew Student Manager
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is entry-level with an emphasis on technical/facility training. All Event Crew employees are responsible for the setup and operation of sound reinforcement systems, lighting systems, projection equipment, video equipment, communications equipment, setup equipment and in-house systems for scheduled events in the three University Centers buildings (Davies Center, Crest Wellness Center and Hilltop Center), Schofield Auditorium, Zorn Arena and venues external to UW-Eau Claire. Working in team-based environments, members will efficiently complete setups, tear-downs, sanitation and preparation for all events, as requested by both campus and community organizations. Members are required to maintain their reputation of professionalism through appearance, demeanor and performance. In addition, team members are expected to aid University Centers staff and patrons in whatever manner necessary.
- Train under the Event Crew Student Manager, Crew Chiefs and Event Crew II staff.
- Make satisfactory progress towards completion of training.
- Operate, secure, and care for sound, lighting, projection, video and facilities equipment.
- Assist in the professional execution of scheduled events; to best ability, regardless of specific job responsibilities.
- Perform cleaning and custodial duties as assigned.
- Become knowledgeable of emergency building procedures for all areas served.
- Work in a professional manner acting as a UW-Eau Claire representative.
- Follow all relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform well without supervision.
- Provide general maintenance and cleaning of work areas.
- Attend all weekly Event Crew meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DRIVING RECORDThe following conditions must be met in order to qualify to drive a state vehicle — a requirement for this position:
- Must have a valid driver license with at least two years licensed driving experience
- May not have acquired three or more moving violations and/or at-fault accidents in the past two years
- May not have acquired any OWI or DUI citations within the past 12 months
QUALIFICATIONS AND SALARY
- Must have interest in technical/facilities aspects of events and systems; willingness to learn through hands-on experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be comfortable lifting 50 pounds
- Must have at least two full semesters remaining as a UW-Eau Claire student at the time of application.
- Must be in good academic standing (both cumulative and previous semester’s grade point average of at least 2.0)
- Must carry at least six undergraduate or five graduate credits
- Must have a strong sense of professional courtesy and customer service
- Must be available to work flexible hours including weekdays, evenings, and weekends
Regular pay increases are available every semester. All longevity and training increases will carry over and be added to the base wage. The Event Crew I is required to work up to 10 hours per week. During the semester the hours worked must not exceed 20 hours per week. During the summer, positions will be available for full-time employment (40 hours per week plus overtime). Summer positions will be assigned by the Event Production Coordinator.
The Event Crew I is compensated according to the University Centers Wage Classification Scale as Entry Level II and has a probationary period of one semester of employment. To receive full status at the end of the probationary period, the employee must demonstrate a strong ability to perform the listed duties. If the performance during the probationary period is not satisfactory to the Event Crew Student Manager, or the duties to the employee, the position may be terminated.