The Writing Internship offers English majors and minors an opportunity to apply and enhance their writing skills by working for community agencies in the Chippewa Valley
Is a Writing Internship right for you?
A writing internship offers numerous advantages that students normally do not experience in the rest of their academic coursework:
- An opportunity to work in “real-world” contexts on practical communication challenges.
- Contact with professionals in the Chippewa Valley who can serve as valuable professional and community contacts.
- A focus on issues of professionalism and career development.
- An opportunity to build a professional portfolio of documents and publications that demonstrate your abilities to potential employers.
- Some internships are paid!
- All internships fulfill your service-learning requirement.
- You can earn college credit for your internship by registering for Engl 498.
If you have questions about the English Department Writing Internship, please contact the Internship Director, Dr. Stephanie Turner (email@example.com).