- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 24 semester credits of undergraduate English.
- GPA of 3.0 overall (3.15 in the second half of all undergraduate work) and 3.25 in English coursework.
- Letter of intent in which the student explains his/her academic and career goals and expectations.
- Writing sample, such as an undergraduate research paper, which represents the student's best work.
- Three letters of recommendation by professors who are familiar with the student's past work and potential to do graduate work.
Applications are available through the Admissions Office website or by calling (715) 836-5415. Applications for Fall semester take top priority only if received by May 1. However, if an incoming student wishes to be considered for a graduate assistantship or fellowship, then the application with all supporting documents must be received by March 1.
For more information, contact the Department of English.