Open forums have been recorded; links to the recordings are posted below under each name. (Posted after all forums were complete.)
A Qualtrics survey is available to provide feedback to the Search and Screen Committee for each candidate:
https://uweauclaire.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_01FktIBZG0dU789 . Please submit all surveys no later than Monday, December 2, 2013, at 4:30 pm.
For the open forum component of the interview, we are asking each candidate to consider a complex budget situation that they have confronted in the past. Provide a presentation explaining the budget situation in a clear, concise manner that is easily understood by a campus community audience.
Dates on Campus: November 11-12, 2013
Open Forum: Tuesday, 11/12/13--8:30-9:20 am--Davies Woodland Theater
Open Forum Presentation: https://media.uwec.edu/VEMSWeb/VEMSHost.html?VBTemplate=Templates/VideoInfoTemplate.xml&contentID=493&shared=1
Dates on Campus: November 13-14, 2013
Open Forum: Thursday, 11/14/13--8:30-9:20 am--Schofield Auditorium
Open Forum Presentation: https://media.uwec.edu/VEMSWeb/VEMSHost.html?VBTemplate=Templates/VideoInfoTemplate.xml&contentID=543&shared=1
Dates on Campus: November 18-19, 2013
Open Forum: Tuesday, 11/19/13--8:30-9:20 am--Schofield Auditorium
Open Forum Presentation: https://media.uwec.edu/VEMSWeb/VEMSHost.html?VBTemplate=Templates/VideoInfoTemplate.xml&contentID=529&shared=1
Dates on Campus: November 25-26, 2013
Open Forum: Tuesday, 11/26/13--8:30-9:20 am--Schofield Auditorium
Open Forum Presentation: https://media.uwec.edu/VEMSWeb/VEMSHost.html?VBTemplate=Templates/VideoInfoTemplate.xml&contentID=545&shared=1
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire invites nominations and applications for the position of Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance and Chief Business Officer (Vice Chancellor). The Vice Chancellor reports directly to the Chancellor, serves as a member of the Chancellor's Executive Staff and is a key liaison with the University of Wisconsin System. The ideal candidate will be an innovative problem solver with a demonstrated ability to work collegially and collaboratively within the university and the community. The position has an anticipated start date of January 2014.
The Vice Chancellor oversees the development of the annual university budget of approximately $212 million. The Vice Chancellor provides leadership and vision in financial planning and oversight working collaboratively and effectively with members of the executive staff, student government leaders, senior leadership, university senate and others in meeting the mission and strategic goals of the University. The Vice Chancellor promotes and ensures integrity, accuracy and professionalism. The Vice Chancellor brings an understanding of the significant issues and opportunities pertaining to public higher education financial management. The Vice Chancellor must be able to translate and communicate complex financial issues to others in understandable terms.
The Vice Chancellor provides leadership for financial strategic planning and direct management of the administrative and business functions which include: Business Services, University Accounting, Bursar, University Budget Offices, Human Resources, Internal Audit, Loss Prevention and Safety, Transportation/Transit/Parking Operations and Priory Campus Financial Management.
- Leadership and Management: Advise the Chancellor and senior leadership team regarding financial management, budget administration, community, legislative and media issues. Provide support for long-range and strategic planning. Support the goals of the University's mission, vision and strategic plan. Collaborate with University of Wisconsin System and colleagues from other campuses regarding trends and developments regarding financial support and resource allocation within the State of Wisconsin and nationally.
- Policy and Procedures: Advise the Chancellor and senior leadership team of state and national policy issues. Develop institutional fiscal goals, strategies and plans for implementation. Develop and promote a process for review, assessment, and continuous improvement of existing policies and procedures within Administrative and Financial Services. Consult with appropriate campus governance groups regarding fiscal planning and management, budget development, etc.
- Financial Management: Provide strategic financial leadership in the development of a financial and capital plan which reflects institutional priorities and future directions. Responsible for developing and overseeing the university budget, revenues and expenditures. Develop financial plans and financial analysis models for the campus, which include innovative solutions, strategies and procedures. Serve as the budget and financial administrator for the Chancellor's Division and the Division of Administration and Finance, which totals approximately $8.8 million. Collaborate with the university-affiliated organizations regarding philanthropy, endowment management and real estate.
- Compliance: Maintain knowledge of applicable Board of Regents and UW System policies, federal and state laws including employment laws and related UW System personnel policies and institutional reporting requirements.
The successful candidate for this position will have outstanding administrative and management skills with a demonstrated record of success in a large and multifaceted organization. He or she will bring significant experience in managing large, complex budgets with multiple funding sources.
- A Bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited institution of higher education
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible administrative and financial management experience in a senior leadership role.
The most qualified candidates will also have:
- Master's degree in administration, finance or related field.
- Administrative and financial management leadership experience within a higher education setting or a comparable large, complex organization.
- Well-developed knowledge of, and ability to interpret and apply, federal and state laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of current financial information systems, web technology, and data base applications.
- Evidence of collaborative, team oriented management and leadership style.
- Demonstrated evidence of the ability to build trust and consensus and develop solid collaborative relationships with a diverse group of campus constituents including faculty, staff, students, and shared governance groups.
- Demonstrated ability in leading and working with diverse communities and cultures.
- Strong analytical skills and experience translating the organization's mission into an operational model.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills including listening, speaking and writing. Strong presentation skills and the ability to interact with a broad range of people.
- Proven exceptional judgment, mature leadership style and political acumen.
- Proven experience in and personal commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusiveness among faculty, staff, and students.
- Proven record of personal integrity and ethical management.
Applications are submitted electronically.
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers by following the instructions. (Click on the position vacancy, Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance, Job# 9218, and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login.")
Please submit materials in PDF format.
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for at least three professional references
Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, please email Jessica Niesing: email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by September 30, 2013; however, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check, including a credit check, will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment