A full-time professional academic staff position is available in University Recreation & Sport Facilities, within the Division of Student Affairs at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. The working title for this position is Sport Facility Manager with an official title in the Student Services Program Manager title series. The expected start date is July 1, 2014, and the salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Serve as McPhee/Ade Olson/Simpson Fields Facility Manager/Open Recreation and Aquatics Program Manager as follows:
- Supervise, train, hire, schedule and evaluate Classified, LTE and student staff.
- Serve as liaison between UR&SF, Athletics, Kinesiology, Music and Theatre Arts and Facility Management.
- Manage the development and implementation of the McPhee/Ade Olson and Simpson Field operating, capital and payroll budgets.
- Coordinate scheduling of McPhee/Ade Olson and Simpson Fields (outdoor track and tennis courts).
- Coordinate and facilitate pre and post event management set-ups, tear-downs, and clean-ups for 30,000+ annual events in McPhee/Olson.
- Assist in the development and coordination of the facility use rental schedules and contracts.
- Oversee facility planning and project coordination in McPhee/Ade Olson and Simpson Fields.
- Manage inventory of recreational sports program equipment and safety equipment for use in McPhee and Ade Olson.
- Purchase replacement equipment as necessary.
- Attend planning and construction meetings regarding Recreation facilities.
- Implement a Risk Management program and Material Safety Data reporting in conjunction with campus Risk Manager and UW System policy.
- Oversee the Aquatics program, including the hiring, training, scheduling and supervision of life guards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in Recreation Management, Sport Management or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in facility operations.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supervising staff.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a college or university setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills and the ability to interact and build trust and consensus with a broad range of people.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Experience in budget and financial management.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently with excellent organizational and delegation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as an active member of a team.
Materials required in pdf format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for four references.
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers by following the instructions. Select Job Title: University Recreation and Sport Facilities: Sport Facility Manager; Job ID #9701; and click the Apply Now button. You must create an account/register and login to apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are complete. Please submit materials in PDF format only.
Please direct requests for additional information to Andy Jepsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by May 7, 2014.. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested in writing. Names of the top five finalists must be released upon request. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment