The Activities, Involvement and Leadership area of The University Centers at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire invites applications for a full-time, fixed-term position as the Coordinator for Student Leadership and Greek Life, with an appointment to begin on July 1, 2013. This professional academic staff position carries an official title in the Student Services Coordinator title series and has the expectation of renewal based on performance.
The Student Leadership and Greek Life Coordinator administers a broad array of student leadership development and recognition programs, advises Greek Life and directs and administers The Forum (Lecture Series). Principal functions and duties include the following:
- Coordinate the development and implementation of leadership training programs including, but not limited to the Emerging and Established Leaders Seminars, the Leadership Recognition Awards Ceremony (in coordination with the Alumni Office), campus-wide fall leadership conference, semester-long topical workshops, servant leadership programing and campus-wide retreats.
- Develop and oversee the budgets for the programs and services of the Leadership and the Forum programs.
- Serve as the Greek Life advisor and as the advisor to the Panhellenic Council and Interfraternity Council. Serve as advisor to the Order of Omega and Sigma Sigma Sigma chapters.
- Advise, consult, facilitate and serve as a resource for the leadership and development programming to university faculty/staff, students and greater Chippewa Valley community.
- Chair The Forum committee and facilitate planning of the season schedule.
- Work with professional agents to develop contracts, to schedule details of speaker's visits, and to plan and coordinate campus/community activities.
- Administer, develop, and exercise fiscal responsibility over budgets for The Forum series as described above.
- Research and develop arts-related grant opportunities available through corporations, foundations, and regional and local organizations to facilitate the development of a wide range of programming to enhance The Forum both on campus and in the community.
- Supervise the development, publication, and distribution of promotional materials and programs for Leadership and Forum events as described above.
- Serve as a member of The University Centers staff and assist with various programs including the Viennese Ball, Homecoming as well as other programs and special events, committees and projects as required. A willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends--other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Student Affairs and/or a minimum of two years experience working in higher education in a student activities environment.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and work closely with college students.
- The ability to organize and manage time-sensitive details.
- Experience in event programming and marketing within a campus environment.
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to the diverse populations of the university including faculty, administrative, community, and the professional contacts this position encounters.
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Student Leadership and Greek Life Coordinator position and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Include the following in required PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Contact information for three references.
If you have application questions, please email Ms. Kristen Lorentz, Search Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure consideration, applications must be received by March 3, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment