The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is seeking a Recruiter/Advisor for the Teacher Education Program. This unit falls within the College of Educaton and Human Sciences, and the position has an anticipated start date in August of 2013. This is a twelve-month position which is full-time from August through May and is part-time in June and July.
- The recruiter/advisor will be expected to develop and implement a plan for recruiting and retaining teacher education students from underrepresented populations and from key shortage areas such as math, science, special education and teaching English as a second language.
- Provide advising support to current students.
- Master's degree in education or a related area;
- 2 or more years of professional experience; and
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusivity.
- Experience working with racially and ethnically diverse communities, K-12 schools--specifically in the areas of math, science, special education or teaching English as a second language;
- Experience as a university recruiter.
The College of Education and Human Sciences serves over 2,500 students through the following departments: Communication Sciences and Disorders, Education Studies, Kinesiology, Social Work, and Special Education. Approximately 1,500 of those students are preparing to become teachers in the following undergraduate programs: Elementary Education (MCEA), Secondary Education (EAA), K-12 Education (ECA) and Special Education which includes an emphasis in Early Childhood.
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Teacher Education Program: Recruiter/Advisor position (Job ID# 9063) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vita
- List of three references with contact information.
It is the policy of University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
If you have application questions, please call or email:
Suzanne Olson, University Business Specialist
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by July 8, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment